Role title: Account Broker - Commercial Insurance
Salary: £30,000 - £35,000
To manage the accounts of existing clients within the team; to assist in the task of ensuring targets set are met and team instructions are followed.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- A good understanding of the principles and practice of Insurance Risk Assessment, Underwriting and Accounting.
- To be a minimum of Cert CII or above.
- A good understanding of insurance business practices, the key providers and the product classes of business.
- A good understanding of key principles and standards of compliance required under FCA regulations.
- The ability to display effectively a full range of relationship skills in respect of existing clients, insurers and other third parties to ensure timely delivery of work.
- A good working knowledge of the systems and procedures used to maintain records and fulfil the accounting function (TAM, MS Office, on line Insurer facilities, quote systems and credit control etc)
- Excellent all round verbal and written communication skills appropriate for dealings with Clients, Insurers, Staff and other parties.
- The ability to work within defined procedures. Plan and organise work demands as required and allocated, in a self-disciplined manner and have the flexibility to meet the wider needs of the team.
- Problem solving, decision making and negotiating skills.
Key Tasks of the Job:
- To effectively respond to the demands and needs of the client and initiate solutions.
- To maintain and develop appropriate relationships with existing and prospective clients and insurers, to provide clients with professional service in line with company service levels appropriate to the type of risks involved.
- To effectively operate TAM for all client records, activities, documentation, communications and diary accordingly including the use of other software packages as required.
- Effectively assist the team in meeting all targets and KPI's set.
- To manage the delivery of the renewal, new business and mid-term amendment processes so that all necessary timescales are met including placing of cover, issue of required documentation, prompt debiting and securing of finance if appropriate.
- To ensure all processes relating to successful collection of client monies are adhered to; including assisting with the collection of monies where needed.
- Provide assistance, guidance and support to the team where necessary.
- To provide a high standard of broker support service to the client.
- To operate at all times within the rules and regulations of the FCA and in compliance with company procedures, including Treating Customers Fairly and Contract Certainty.
- To ensure you effectively contribute and prepare for all appraisal and review meetings.
- To ensure personal and professional competence is maintained at all times.
- To undertake any other reasonable task as requested by senior management.
For extra information please contact:-