Job Title - Broker / Underwriter - Delegated Authority
Contract - Permanent
Salary - £28,000 - £30,000 OTE £40,000 + Benefits
Location - Glasgow
Industry - Insurance Broker (Insurance Broker, Account Handler, Commercial, Schemes)
The role is within the Underwriting Department, based at the Glasgow office. The purpose of the role is to provide quotations for New Business and to assist the Branch and be a referral point for the Assistants. The role requires dealing with clients over the phone and via e-mail to ensure retention and sales targets are maximised, through the provision of efficient communication & negotiation skills.
We are looking for a candidate who has good judgement, is analytical, pays great attention to detail, is flexible, self-motivated, driven & who delivers excellent customer service whilst adhering to their individual underwriting authority limits at all times and in accordance with the procedure manual.
- Working in accordance with procedures, standards & guidelines set:
- Deliver excellent customer service whilst meeting customer requirements efficiently & effectively for New Business.
- Understand the processes and procedures required to provide quotations & put forward suitable products to meet the client's demands and needs.
- Ensure that all product information provided is clear, fair, and not misleading, allowing the customer to make an informed decision.
- Calculate New Business premiums in accordance with the specific carrier's risk appetite and guidelines or liaise with insurers for all non-delegated authority business.
- Ensure that telephone calls are answered & dealt with promptly & efficiently.
- Maintain thorough and accurate records of all customer interactions.
- Identify complaints and refer to the necessary complaint handler.
- Dealing with queries by email, telephone and in person ensuring that all SLAs are adhered to.
- Required to be a referral point within the Branch.
- Ensure that you remain compliant in everything that you do; including but not limited to treating customers fairly, contract certainty & vulnerable customers.
Product and Technical Knowledge
- Required to understand the legal principles of insurance and insurance contracts including obligations to insurers.
- Required to understand technical knowledge of the company's product range, including understanding of the coverage provisions, exclusions, and conditions of the policy wordings.
Skills and Competencies
- Competent in windows-based programmes; word, excel, outlook and internet
- Excellent communication skills: written and oral
- Ability to work alone and as part of a team
- Positive can-do attitude
- Strong team ethic
- Manage time effectively; ability to work under pressure
- Good personal organisation skills
- Good timekeeping and presentation of self and work
- Strong negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Articulate & Numerate
- Works with a high degree of accuracy in all tasks
- Honesty, integrity, reputation, competence/capability & financial soundness as required under the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), Guernsey Financial Services Commission (GFSC) and Jersey Financial Services Commission (JFSC)
The above represents the key responsibilities within your role. However, you may be required to cover additional duties or attend different offices as and when requested.
Qualifications & Experience
- Must have 3 years minimum experience working within a broking or underwriting environment
- Educated to GCSE level an advantage
- Cert CII qualification an advantage
For a full brief please contact one of our specialist consultants:-