NextGen's practice in Digital Engineering (DE) is growing. As such, we are seeking to hire Aeronautical Systems Engineers with experience in modeling and simulation and/or digital engineering. NextGen's DE team employs Model-Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) approaches in support of new systems development for commercial and DoD/Intel customers. Selected engineers will collaborate with fellow DE colleagues to solve complex technical tasks while becoming experts with and deploying cutting edge MBSE tools. Establish and grow your Digital Engineering career with NextGen today!
- Perform system engineering to define, specify, trace, and model requirements for the next generation of DoD aeronautical capabilities to include aircraft and other weapons systems.
- Utilize Digital Engineering tools to develop and execute detailed models such as computational fluid dynamics (CFD) that support systems analysis and integration.
- Perform system engineering activities: trade studies, functional analysis, requirement decomposition/allocation, interface definition and specifications.
- Work within an agile team to develop aeronautical models that can act as digital twins
- Verify design modifications by using CFD to assess air vehicle impacts.
- Support flight test planning, acquisition and analysis of flight test data working closely with flight test and flight controls disciplines.
- Collaborate across stakeholders including customers, teammates and partners
- Minimum BS Aeronautical Engineering, Physics, or similar Engineering discipline
- At least 8 years of experience in System Engineering or related field
- At least 5 years of experience in aerodynamics and CFD analysis and system integration.
- Must have fixed wing aerodynamics experience.
- Ability to learn new technologies rapidly and implement in a dynamic environment
- Solid understanding of digital engineering and systems lifecycle processes
- Ability to analyze problems with a flexible and creative approach, manage complex tasks and adapt to rapidly changing requirements
- Verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail, and customer-facing skills
- Current DoD Secret clearance preferred; or must be eligible for clearance
- 2+ years contributing to or leading projects employing MBSE
- Experience with MS&A tools for aeronautical engineering (e.g., Fluent)
- Experience with DE tools (e.g., MagicDraw, Rhapsody or Sparx Enterprise Architect)
- Experience with one of the following programming languages: Java, Python, C++
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Top-Secret security clearance
Primary Work Location: Melbourne, FL
About NextGen: NextGen Federal Systems is an innovative technology and professional services provider specializing in advanced software solutions and comprehensive mission and business support services. We work in close collaboration with our customers to truly understand their business and mission goals. Our approach is to design, build, implement, and manage solutions that measurably improve our client's organizational performance. We have established and foster a corporate culture where we:
- Treat employees with fairness and respect regardless of their position, sexual identity, race, or tenure.
- Communicate the importance of our mission and our employees' contributions to it, ensuring they understand how their job role contributes to the greater good.
- Openly promote and communicate our ideas for change and adaptability.
- Strive to achieve results as an organization.
- Hold employees accountable to their commitments and provide incentives that encourage positive and productive behaviors.
- Value the talents and contributions of our employees as the key factor for our success.
- Create an environment where people can engage at all levels.
- Encourage people to take risks and allow them to make mistakes.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.