Additional Locations: Lebanon, NH
Primary Locations: NH, Enfield, 29 Smith Pond Road, 3748
Requisition ID: 172079
Spring - Summer 2023 Arborist Trainee Internship with Chippers Inc., a Davey Tree Expert Company
The Davey Tree Expert Company is looking for exceptional students who are interested in expanding their field experience in the areas of Tree Care, Plant Health Care, Sales and Client Services.
Flexible - We are currently looking for Internship candidates for Spring/Summer, 2023
Learn to be a tree doctor! Introduce career orientated students to exceptional opportunities in the industry including tree care, tree climbing, chainsaw use, plant health care and customer service. Internships in each division may vary in length depending on availability. Interns will be assigned a manager who will mentor them through a variety of job experiences within the industry. Throughout your experience, you will work on residential and commercial properties and in an office setting.
- 40-50 hours per week; Monday - Friday with some Saturdays
- Studying Arboriculture, Urban Forestry, Horticulture, Landscape Design, Forestry or related discipline
- Driver's license required. Commercial driver's license highly valuable
EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
- Must have enthusiasm for proper plant care and arboriculture
- Love of the Outdoors!
- Positive attitude and willingness to learn
- Demonstrated ability to report for work regularly and punctually
- Collaboration and communication skills
EXPERIENCE AND PERKS WE OFFER:
- Over 140 years of service gives you job security
- National reputation for Stewardship and Excellence
- Promotes ambitious, team-focused experts quickly and focuses on continuing education
- Commitment to safety: Interns will work towards completing the CDP C Climber booklet
- Access to industry related training materials
- Climbing gear, uniforms and PPE provided
- Opportunity to apply for Davey Scholarship and develop your career
- Available positions throughout the Northeast, New England, and Mid-Atlantic including NYC Metro, Western & Upstate NY, Philadelphia Metro, Boston Metro, Portland, ME, Woodstock, VT, Washington, DC Metro, Baltimore Metro and many more throughout the country!
Invest in your future. Join one of the largest employee owned companies in the nation! Davey has a unique culture that focuses on the open exchange of ideas, community partnerships, a commitment to safety, and delivering unrivaled client service while acting as industry leaders in horticultural and environmental services.
We are currently looking to add a dynamic Arborist Trainee Intern to our passionate team of tree care professionals. Your office is outdoors, and you get a new view every day!
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. As a service provider, our success depends upon our ability to attract and retain qualified personnel, regardless of their age, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or other protected characteristics as established by federal, state or local law.
The Davey Tree Expert Company has U.S. and Canadian operations in more than 47 states and five provinces and provides a variety of tree care, grounds maintenance and consulting services for the residential, utility, commercial, and government markets. Founded in 1880, Davey has been employee-owned for 40 years and has more than 10,000 employees who provide Proven Solutions for a Growing World. For more information, visit
If you need any assistance at any time please contact us at 1-877-411-7601 or at Recruiting@ .
Employment Type: Intern
Job Type: Full Time
Travel Expectations: Up to 25%