Position: Category Executive FMCG
We are looking for a Category Executive to work within UK Category Management, reporting to Head of Category for our UK Consumer business.
This is a great opportunity for development within a progressive FMCG business.
The key focus of this role will be to translate data and analytics into actionable insights to unlock category growth, developing the category strategy across the areas in which we currently operate.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about data, take ownership and be able to influence multiple stakeholders. They will have a positive, hardworking and can-do approach. Experience of Category Management principles is necessary in addition to strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to distil complex data into compelling commercial insights and selling stories.
- Build best-in-class category insight through Nielsen, Kantar, IGD and retailer specific data sources
- Providing analytical support and recommendations in the development of category plans
- Working closely with the Category Management, Commercial and Brand teams to continually develop knowledge of categories and trends, ensuring they are armed with the relevant category insights and recommendations
- Management of monthly category reporting and presenting to multiple level internal stakeholders and customers
- Balance priorities to ensure the key category challenges are being identified and met.
- Results driven with an analytical mind - someone who enjoys getting stuck into data to find actionable insights
- Previous experience of category management and/or working with market data is preferable
- Good commercial knowledge and an understanding of the UK FMCG industry
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience of dealing with multiple business functions
- Demonstratable expertise in Excel, PowerPoint, Nielsen and Kantar; with a proficiency in Tableau.
At McCormick, we bring our passion for flavor to work each day. We encourage growth, respect everyone's contributions and do what's right for our business, our people, our communities and our planet. Join us on our quest to make every meal and moment better.
Founded in Baltimore, MD in 1889 in a room and a cellar by 25-year-old Willoughby McCormick with three employees, McCormick is a global leader in flavour. With employees around the world and more than $5 Billion in annual sales., the Company manufactures, markets and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments and other flavourful products to the entire food industry, retail outlets, food manufactures, food service businesses and consumers
While our global headquarters are in the Baltimore, Maryland, USA area, McCormick operates and serves customers from nearly 50 locations in 27 countries and 135 markets in Asia-Pacific, China, Europe, Middle East and Africa, and the Americas, including North, South and Central America with recognized brands includingSchwartz.
At McCormick, we have over a 100-year legacy based on our "Power of People" principle. This principle fosters an unusually dedicated workforce requiring a culture of respect, recognition, inclusion and collaboration based on the highest ethical values.
Agencies: McCormick as needed will work with external recruitment vendors through our Agency Portal. Unless previously contacted, McCormick does not accept unsolicited resumes from external recruiting agencies.
McCormick & Company is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, colour, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for our vacancies.