About the business:
Addy's Catering & Cleaning Pty. Ltd. is trading as The Monkey Tree Bar & Restaurant in the beautiful Mount Tamborine area of Queensland. The Monkey Tree Bar & Restaurant is seeking a full-time qualified Chef situated at Tamborine Mountain, Qld. We are searching for an experienced & motivated Chef to join our passionate team.
- Plan, direct and manage all food preparation and culinary activities.
- Responsible for the preparation of all types of foods on the menu.
- Providing instructions to kitchen staff regarding the proper way of cooking techniques and handling cooking equipment.
- Checking whether the seasoning and garnishing of food are done appropriately and ensuring that the right portion of food is served and presented to the customers as per restaurant standards.
- Prepare seasonal menus and advise on new menu items to suit business growth.
- Examining the quality of raw and cooked food products to ensure that the quality standards are met.
- Ensuring that the food is stored in temperature-controlled facilities.
- Monitoring sales to calculate preparation levels and estimating food and labor costs accordingly.
- Identify food supply needs and order food supplies accordingly.
- Ensuring that the restaurant premises are clean and safe from hazards and that the staff always adhere to occupational health and safety measures.
- Rectifying arising problems or issues through effective communication and flow of information with the team members to ensure the smooth operation of the business.
- Hire, train and supervise cooks and other kitchen staff.
Skills and Experience:
- Minimum Certificate level IV qualification in Cookery.
- A minimum of 3 years of work experience is required in a relevant field.
- Able to work under pressure.
- Organizational and management skills.
- Positive attitude.
Salary Package: $55,000 - $60,000 Plus Superannuation per annum
If you think you are the right fit for this role, apply now!