Job Title: Claims Manager - Commercial & Wholesale
Location: Chelmsford, Essex
Salary: Circa £75,000
Job Type: Permanent
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an experienced and proactive Wholesale Claims Manager to join us. You will be leading and managing a successful team managing Wholesale & London Market claims division.
- You will be able to "think outside the box" with your key responsibilities being to manage the claims teams and retail customers to deliver maximum performance against all key performance indicators.
- Aligning performance of the claims teams to drive maximum operational efficiencies, you will have strong experience of managing a claims team with a proven ability to deliver maximum performance through productivity and efficiency.
- Additional responsibilities include operational and technical leadership, including acting as a referral point for claims staff, whilst using all relevant management information to track performance of your teams to identify trends and areas of improvement.
- Working with the wider claims leadership team to drive enhanced outcomes, successful applicants must embrace change management and demonstrate strong people skills.
- You will be required to participate in claims leadership activities, contributing to the development and delivery of wider claims initiatives and strategies. There is potential to lead onboarding and grow your responsibility of managing additional teams in line with the ambitions of the business.
- As the business goes through a period of growth, there will be many opportunities to get involved in exciting projects.
- Along with the Group Head of Claims and the Head of Claims Operations, you will contribute to the development of the claims' strategic roadmap for the evolution of claims excellence
- You will lead, monitor and manage team performance, using management information and audit outcomes,
- You will hold effective monthly meetings, team meetings and performance reviews to drive
- You will be responsible for identifying training requirements and building the skills and knowledge of the team, being responsible for regional recruitment and new starter onboarding,
- You will engage in audit and peer review checks in compliance with Quality Assurance Reviews,
- You will manage a case load of large losses, including the managing of key accounts,
- You will promote a pro-active and customer service driven claims offering,
- You will prepare and present claims data (management information) for reporting purposes,
- You will ensure effective allocation and prioritisation of resources to deliver service levels,
- You will work proactively to develop and manage strong relationships with external parties, such as Insurers, Solicitors, Loss adjusters and TPAs,
- You will advocate and drive continuous improvement within the claims team performance and consistency, putting the client at the heart of everything we do,
- Adopt a culture of professionalism and dynamism that contribute to teamwork and promotes a positive brand experience for clients,
- Experience of London Market and Wholesale claims vital
- Experience of ECF and market systems essential
- You will have adept and proven management experience within claims team, being able to drive, motivate and inspire those around you,
- You will be Cert CII or working towards your ACII qualification or at degree level (or equivalent experience),
- You will have adept analytical skills, analysing of claims data to identify trends and remedial actions,
- You will have functional knowledge & understanding of a claims management function including its processes and procedures,
- You will be able to multi-task, work under pressure within a timely manner with excellent problem-solving skills and a high attention to detail,
- You will have experience of Websure (desired but not essential)
As well as a competitive salary we offer the following benefits -
- Competitive holiday allowance with the annual option to buy additional days
- Death in Service benefit of x4 salary
- Company pension scheme
- Very generous maternity and paternity leave packages
- A flexible benefits package which allows you to add additional benefits to your overall package
- Benefits portal offers discounts on technology & electronics, cinemas, restaurants, days out, mortgage advice, travel and many more
- Referral schemes
- Discounted rates on company products
For extra information please contact:-