WithersRavenel is looking for people who are passionate about collaboration, community, and client success. Your reward for sharing your talent with us? OWNERSHIP. As a 100% employee-owned company, every employee is an owner-which adds a powerful and unique dimension to our vibrant company culture and purposeful work.
We know that great talent can live anywhere. While we consider North Carolina home, we have team members spread across the U.S. supporting, improving, and growing our WRLife culture. Whether you choose to work from one of our nine office locations, your home office, or a bit of both, we know you'll fit right in with our hybrid work environment.
Simply put, we're all-in for the success of employees, because when they succeed, we all thrive.
Client Service Project Managers (CSMs) serve as the voice of WithersRavenel and WithersRavenel's clients. CSMs understand each client's unique needs and business challenges and formulate and sell compelling multi-disciplinary WR solutions. CSMs serve as the bridge between WR's clients and WR's project delivery teams through collaboration and relationship building, while also serving as the technical subject matter expert when needed. CSMs look for and create opportunities to evolve solutions and integrate services to drive new/additional revenue streams. CSMs will be Project Champions for Projects, Teams and Clients.
Duties and Responsibilities
Program and Client Management
- Be responsive to clients, technical project teams, and all at WR involved with either existing projects or current leads, RFQs, etc.
- Oversee projects and delegate expertise;
- Create and inspire a culture of project management and help drive proven project management tools;
- Forecast workload and address gaps or excessive workloads for projects with input from the Departments;
- Represent WR in communications with clients for assigned projects regularly throughout the entire project;
- Prepare agreements including scope, schedule, fees, and terms and conditions;
- Responsible for the financial performance of projects and proactively address changes in scope, billing processes, schedules, and any settlements.
Client & Business Development
- Actively involved in Project Development helping clients through initial due diligence, project evaluation, etc.;
- Coordinate across the organization to ensure Client experience is tailored to meet (or exceed) the needs and expectations of the client;
- Support WR Business Development team with attendance at BD led Client meetings, interviews, etc. as required; help educate potential clients and close deals;
- Responsible for cultivation of existing relationships including client meetings, proposal and rough budget development, and obtaining feedback in support of Marketing and Department personnel as required;
- Project development related to RFQ responses, interview presentations, meetings with potential clients, etc.;
- Seek opportunities for cross-selling to enhance and expand our existing client relationships during and after projects.
- Use any technical, subject matter expertise to mentor technical teams;
- Analyze complex technical problems and devise new or improved techniques, approaches, and alternative solutions;
- Provide quality control/quality assurance consistent with Company and Department standards (if knowledgeable) and the requirements of our clients.
- Serve as team captain and cheerleader ensuring the various project and team components are working together toward a unified goal of meeting the Client's needs;
- Lead, supervise, mentor and monitor Technical Project Managers to achieve the goals and strategies for the Company;
- Implement effective communication, performance management, as well as identify strategic skills needed to achieve Company, Department, Team, and project goals;
- Foster a positive environment; engage in Company, Department, and Team meetings routinely, team building efforts, and community involvement.
Required qualifications include:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or equivalent experience
- Professional Engineer, or ability to obtain registration within six months
- 7+ years of engineering/industry experience with demonstrated team management experience
- Self-motivated, engaged, and team-oriented with the ability to work independently under minimal supervision
- Strong leadership and project management skills as well as excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Knowledge of contracts, accounting principles, including budgeting and forecasting
- Execute multiple tasks under tight deadlines and prioritize responsibilities
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proven track record of fostering existing client relationships
- Demonstrate personal investment in your career
- Energetic, flexible, confident, and forward thinking
WithersRavenel is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, age, military service, or other non-merit factors protected by federal, state, or local laws. At WithersRavenel, we strive to build and nurture a culture where diversity, inclusivity, and belonging are a normal part of doing business, not an initiative. We know through experience that different ideas, perspectives, and backgrounds create a stronger and more creative work environment that delivers better results. By hiring highly talented people who align with our Core Values, we continue to enrich and broaden our ownership community, as well as the employee and client experience. This purposeful approach to diversity and inclusion leads to greater commitment, collaboration, and effectiveness in our culture, work, and lives.