The team at Illuminate are delighted to be working with one of the most innovative private members clubs in the UK as they add an experienced community builder to their team. This energised organisation is a meeting place for people passionate about achieving positive social, environmental and economic change. Their mission is to convene a collaborative community that scales and accelerates solutions to the world s greatest challenges and provide its community with a physical home, with industry leading sustainable and ethical hospitality, where creativity and innovation can flourish.
Why do we need you?
The Community Co-ordinator will lead and develop the Community function to meet company objectives. The ideal candidate will have experience in multi-tasking and leading on various meetings and events.
Who are you?
You are confident and able to communicate with charisma and enthusiasm. An optimistic outlook coupled with a genuine enjoyment of being sociable and thriving when meeting new people and learning about them. You will be empathetic, a great listener and able to understand and assess individual members' needs. To really succeed and enjoy this role you will be someone who sees the potential impact of social business to achieve the vital social, environmental and economic shifts required to create a fair and sustainable future. You have an entrepreneurial spirit, quick to spot new opportunities to build community.
What will you be responsible for?
You will work closely with the Director of Membership & Community to develop the community building strategy for the Club.
Produce monthly report on progress of the community building build strategy against KPIs
Develop and execute community engagement activities, which increase the engagement and connectivity of the community.
These events could include evening drinks events, ad hoc member meetings, Member committees, orientations and inductions and online community building activities
Manage an award scheme as a Community Manager, ensuring each nominee is carefully selected in line with community needs
Support the Fellowship Programme, in line with the Fellowship Strategy, working with the Director of Membership and Community to ensure nominations are gathered and sifted according to agreed criteria.
Support the Programme Team in the management of "Ambassadors"
Manage all communications with members around community building activities, responding in a timely manner to member queries (within 32 hours)
Based on the above, capture, share and track the impact of the community.
What Key Characteristics will you need to be successful?
• Has strong interpersonal skills needed to build trust amongst employees at all levels
• Is a team-player and enjoys working in partnership with colleagues
• Views individual differences as a way to build new ideas and innovations
• "Owns" problems rather than blaming them on others
• Encourages feedback on own behaviour
• Aligned and committed to the vision of this team and constantly looking for ways in your role to achieve their vision.
Skills & Experience needed includes
• Experience working with in person and digital communities
• Excellent written and oral communication skills in English, other languages a plus
• Excellent organisation skills and attention to detail and a sense of urgency
• Ability to manage and prioritise challenging workloads
• Strongly results oriented, ability to work independently and show initiative
• Ability to balance several different tasks simultaneously in order to meet deadlines
• Views individual differences as a way to build new ideas and innovations.
If you are an experienced membership, events professional or community builder or possess the personal attributes and a passion for social and value driven entrepreneurship, please get in touch today