Driver Training Instructor
Coach USA of Atlanta, GA
The ideal candidate must possess excellent communications skills and must demonstrate patience and have the passion to teach/train others.
**Must possess a CDL with passenger endorsement** Position Summary:The Safety Training Instructor will be responsible for scheduling and conducting new hire classroom training, new hire driver certification training, post-accident training, and annual refresher training for all existing drivers. Coordination with the Operations Department will be needed for efficient scheduling. The successful candidate will be highly motivated and organized. Job Duties Include:
- Conduct classroom training for all new hires
- Conduct biannual refreshers for all operators.
- Conduct 30-60-90 follow up refresher on new hires.
- Assist in basic operational procedures of the company.
- Maintaining driver compliance set forth by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA).
- Maintaining driver records with the internal system of Avatar A-Suite.
- Scheduling and conducting monthly safety meetings.
- Maintain Driver Qualification files including conducting annual file reviews and maintaining safety performance history files.
- Maintain Driver Training files including conducting a review of the annual OSHA training requirements.
- Enter new hire employees in Blink, Samsara, and Saucon.
- Review driver Hours of Service and DOT log violations.
- Conduct Monthly Facility Inspections.
In compliance with Federal and State equal employment opportunity laws, qualified applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, non-job-related disability or any other protected group status.
- High School or equivalent
- LLLC Instructor preferred
- Must know how to operate MCI and VanHool buses
- Must be well versed on ADA policy and regulations.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal communication skills.
- Exceptional listening skills.
- Must understand the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) Part 395 - Hours of Service
- Competent in Saucon and the ability to demonstrate and edit drivers Electronic Log Device (ELD)
- Ability to think independently
- Must pass pre-employment drug test and will be subject to periodic random Drug and Alcohol Testing.
- Commercial Driver's License (CDL) B with a P endorsement