Type of Requisition:
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess:
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
No Suitability Required
Public Trust/Other Required:
GDIT has an exciting opportunity for an Electronic Technician with Mission Command Facilities- Sustainment (MCF-S) (VTC) experience positioned at Ft. Riley, KS. Must have a current and active Secret clearance.
Technician will provide support to systems that enable a cohesive capability to client presentation and video teleconferencing units. Technician will maintain an expertise in all areas of network and system hardware/software interconnection and interfacing, such as: Cisco Switches, Cisco Codecs, Fiber Transmitters, Receivers and Matrix Switchers, BIAMP Audio Controllers, etc. Technician may coordinate with third-party maintenance and warranty support for system equipment. Technician may be required to interface systems to pull, modify, and upload configuration files. Technician will be required to perform developmental, testing, and integration support due to a continuously evolving system of systems design maintenance. Technician will be required to travel.
- BS, 3+ years experience
- Must have a current and active Secret clearance
- Communicate effectively to brief different levels of leadership on deficiencies and overall system status
- Ability to identify, isolate, and resolve issues on OSI Layers 1-3
- Ability to read and interpret system design drawing to follow signal flow during troubleshooting sessions
- Familiar with Extron, Crestron, and AMX applications and understand control processor functions
- Ability to interface different A/V system components utilizing appropriate applications in order to configure and update/roll back firmware as necessary
- Ability to interface different audio components utilizing appropriate applications to modify levels and configurations to get required performance
- Ability to troubleshoot and fix system behavior failures during start up, shut down, and normal operation
- Understand various Cisco Codecs configuration and operation
- Ability to connect and modify configurations in Cisco switches to keep network traffic active
- Past experience with fiber installation, termination, and repair is desired
The likely hourly rate for this position is between $26.92 - $40.38, this is not, however, a guarantee of compensation or salary; rather, salary will be set based on experience, geographic location and possibly contractual requirements and could fall outside of this range.
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
USA KS Fort Riley
Additional Work Locations:
USA AZ Fort Huachuca, USA CO Fort Carson, USA KY Fort Campbell
Total Rewards at GDIT:
Our benefits package for all US-based employees includes a variety of medical plan options, some with Health Savings Accounts, dental plan options, a vision plan, and a 401(k) plan offering the ability to contribute both pre and post-tax dollars up to the IRS annual limits and receive a company match. To encourage work/life balance, GDIT offers employees full flex work weeks where possible and a variety of paid time off plans, including vacation, sick and personal time, holidays, paid parental, military, bereavement and jury duty leave. To ensure our employees are able to protect their income, other offerings such as short and long-term disability benefits, life, accidental death and dismemberment, personal accident, critical illness and business travel and accident insurance are provided or available. We regularly review our Total Rewards package to ensure our offerings are competitive and reflect what our employees have told us they value most.
COVID-19 Vaccination: GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site requirements.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.