World leading global company has an immediate opening for an Embedded Software Engineer to join an established team in Worcester designing, implementing and configuring embedded control software and associated PC programs using C.C++ and C#.
This is an ideal opportunity for an embedded software engineer to build upon existing skills and gain experience working with low level software/ hardware development and applications software. This is a varied role encompassing systems development, systems deployment in harsh environments, software specification, software design, software validation and software development.
Suitable Embedded Software Engineers will have:
- 2-5 years of recent commercial Embedded C/ C++ programming experience with exposure to the low-level control of electronic circuits, industrial machinery or computer systems.
- Experience of control and automation systems.
- An ability to appreciate and comprehend the overall system perspective and the impact of change is required. Experience in some of the following would be advantageous:
- Appreciation of documentation and test procedures.
- Ability to adhere to software coding methods and quality standards.
- Use of Version Control Tools such as PVCS and/ or Git.
- Use of agile methodology and DevOps.
- Awareness of multitasking operating systems, such as Nucleus and/ or VxWorks.
- Awareness of Visual C++.
- Familiarity with ARM, x86, 8051, PIC and 68000 microprocessors. All our clients embedded software conforms to the MISRA standard - an appreciation of this would be an advantage but is not essential.
We are looking for an Engineer who is seeking a long term opportunity based in Worcester where they can develop and progress their skills and career. There are numerous exciting new developments in the pipeline where the successful Embedded Software Engineer will be able to gain significant experience and make a major impact.
Get in touch with Emma Windows at IC Resources.