My client is seeking an Emerging Talent Lead for their top 100 law firm in Manchester
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED
- A minimum of 12 months experience of working effectively in a graduate recruitment role within a professional services environment (either at adviser level or now ready to progress to it).
- Experience of start to finish recruitment process - attracting, selecting, onboarding and inducting talent professionally and effectively.
- Specialist expertise - a working knowledge of the graduate recruitment market is essential. An understanding of apprenticeships (and the levy) and an understanding of the traditional Training Contract versus the new Solicitors Qualifying Examination route to qualification, would be helpful.
- Professional expertise - a working knowledge of employment law issues and people management best practice (within the context of recruitment/emerging talent).
- Organisational skills - personal efficiency, time management skills and the ability to adapt and prioritise competing demands.
- Communication skills - emotional intelligence, the ability to build relationships and collaborate with others at all levels.
- A high level of IT proficiency, able to manage a high volume of applicants and data with good attention to detail and accuracy.
- Professional integrity - able to work with individuals and managers as a trusted adviser on confidential people matters.
- Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development Level 5 qualification (or above) would be advantageous but is not essential.
- Some experience of supporting the training and development of others would be helpful but is not essential.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
The Emerging Talent Lead will work closely with the firms Training Principal, HR Director and Recruitment Manager, as well as forming effective working relationships with the many partners and colleagues in the firm who actively support our graduate recruitment activity. We desire a strong future talent pipeline of diverse talent with high potential.
Responsibilities and duties will include:
Successfully implementing the firms plan to transition from a traditional Training Contract model to a rolling SQE Graduate Apprenticeship Programme (in partnership with an external training provider).
Enabling the firm to attract, select and secure the best possible emerging talent including junior apprenticeship roles (legal and non-legal), graduate apprentices and paralegals. This is likely to include:
- creating and maintaining engaging emerging talent recruitment content (e.g. website information, brochures, social media posts etc.);
- representing the firm on webinars, at open days/fairs and proactively engaging with university career services;
- organising selection events to enable us to choose the best candidates and provide them with a favourable impression of working life at the firm;
- developing and delivering an effective vacation scheme programme to attract future talent; and
- monitoring Equity, Diversity and Inclusion data and taking proactive steps to enable the firm to attract a diverse talent pool with high potential.
- Supporting the effective onboarding, induction and development of emerging talent.
Should you have any questions or wish to apply please do not hesitate to contact Clear Legal and Financial Recruitment.
Please Note: Due to the number of applications we receive we may be unable to respond to every application directly. If you have not heard from us within 3 working days, please assume your application has been unsuccessful.