Hostler Truck Driver
United Rotary Brush is a Lenexa, Kansas based manufacturer of specialty industrial brushes for the airport, road construction and street sweeping industries. Our Lenexa, KS,
manufacturing facility (off I-35 & I-435)
is looking for a Yard Hostler that has the desire to help drive a safe, quality focused, productive work environment and will thrive at United Rotary Brush Corporation. $1000 available in Bonuses HOSTLER TRUCK DRIVER JOB SUMMARY
In the Hostler Truck Driver position, you are responsible for operating mobile equipment and machinery, such as lift trucks, cranes, track mobiles, and yard vehicles and trucks, in a safe and secure manner. Must have a valid Class A, CDL. Moves materials and products between workstations, locations and buildings. Performs basic preventative maintenance, and minor repairs on equipment. HOSTLER TRUCK DRIVER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
HOSTLER TRUCK DRIVER QUALIFICATIONS
- Compliance with all safety and quality guidelines and regulations
- At direction of Management and/or Yard management system, move empty trailers to shipping doors, set loaded trailers to the doors and remove loaded/empty trailers from dock doors.
- Loading and/or unloading trailers (forklift)
- Maintain trailer inventory, including daily inspections of all equipment
- Safely maneuver a tractor and trailer combination vehicle in a compact yard area
- Safely enter and exit yard tractor numerous times per shift
- Safely maneuver equipment with good backing skills
- Lift and open trailer doors
- Maintain tractor in a clean, sanitary condition.
- Keep yard in order during shift
- Ability to effectively communicate with all team members as well as with leads and supervisors of other departments
- Ability to operate all equipment necessary to perform the job
- Ability to complete assignments in the time allotted
- Ability to work independently
- Ability and willingness to cross train when opportunity arises
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including overtime, evenings or weekends
- Counts, weigh or measures incoming or outgoing items to compare identifying information and variety against bills of lading, invoices, orders or other records; examines incoming shipments for damage or shortages and corresponds with shipper to rectify; completes paperwork or forms required for documentation.
- Operates material handling equipment such as forklifts, pallet jacks, hand trucks or dollies to move stock or reorganize storage.
- Ensure compliance with corporate and plant safety standards and with applicable laws and regulations issued by regulatory agencies.
- Maintain cleanliness of assigned areas, aisles, ramps and docks
- Cycle count on a regular schedule with accuracy.
- Must have a valid Class A, CDL
- High school diploma or equivalent GED
- Must have a current DOT physical
- Must have a minimum of 1 year experience in the operation of a tractor trailer unit in a yard driver setting
- Must have an acceptable driving record
- Safely operate Hostler vehicles with 53 trailer
- Experience backing into tight areas.
- Outstanding communication
- Ability to pass forklift certification (in-house)
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to read/ write / comprehend English.
- Perform basic math functions.
- Ability to carry and/or maneuver up to 75 pounds.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
A $500.00 retention bonus will be paid to those eligible participants who are hired while the program is in effect and attain 3 months of continuous employment with United Rotary Brush in their current qualified position. Eligible participants who are hired while the program is in effect and attain 6 months of continuous employment in their current qualified position will receive another $500.00 bonus. The bonuses are subject to all applicable taxes. Details of this program will be discussed at time of hire.