Job Profile: LEAD, SOFTWARE CONTROLS ENGINEER - IMS20221406-84093
United States - Santa Rosa - CA
Job Type: Full Time ( FTE )
Industry: Aerospace / Aviation / Defense
Job Category: Engineering - Systems
We are looking for a dynamic Senior Software Controls Engineer to specialize in software development for our inertially stabilized sensor systems.
Subject matter expert with comprehensive knowledge of control theory and in-depth knowledge of project management. Manages large, complex project initiatives of substantial importance to the organization with minimal oversight or direction.
Makes significant improvements in processes, systems, or products. Provides input into new products/processes and implements operational plans that have measurable impact on business or functional results.
- Expert in controls programming utilizing tools such as C/C++/C#, RTOS (real time operating system), DSPs (Digital Signal Processing) and FPGAs (Field-programmable Gate Arrays)
- Experience with servo control and Matlab/Simulink modeling
- Strong mechanical, mathematical, & geo-spatial comprehension skills
- Strong understanding of frequency response in continuous and discrete time domain systems
- Strong understanding of PID control loop and filter implementation
- Software development in RTOS environments
- Ability to work in a multi-discipline environment to create solutions that meet requirements and standards
- Strong interpersonal and facilitation skills
- Creative, open-minded, a good communicator, and a good listener
- Ability to communicate clearly (written and verbal) to technical and non-technical personnel
- Ability to logically address, analyze, and resolve problems
- Attention to detail and deadlines
- Understanding of defense products for the environments and platforms the company supports
- Excellent organization and multi-tasking abilities with the ability to resolve conflicting priorities
Basic Qualifications & Education:
- Requires comprehensive level knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience. Bachelor's Degree and minimum 9 years of prior relevant experience. Graduate Degree and a minimum of 7 years of prior related experience.
High level of expertise in at least 5 of the following areas and basic capability in the other areas:
- Programming in C/C++/C# languages (Java beneficial)
- Programming for Linux, Windows & QNX operating systems
- Servo control and Matlab/Simulink development
- Inertial navigation programming
- OMS/UCI, MISB, STANAG protocols
- IP networking (Layer 2/3), LAN's switching and routing
- Software development process, software design, documentation, quality assurance during development, software unit and integration testing.