Zywave builds market leading SaaS products that are innovative, disruptive and are changing the way insurance is sold and serviced. Our people, products and services are key to our position as thought leader in our market space. We are dedicated to the continuous improvement of our products and are growing our Product Development team to support our next major company initiatives!
When you first arrive, you'll learn about Zywave, our story, our products, our vision, and our process. Once you're up and running, you will work with product development team members to develop cutting edge, best-in-class, SaaS applications. On a regular basis, you will automate, test, provide feedback, review customer issues, document, debug, and troubleshoot our web-based applications and back-end services.Primary Responsibilities
- Lead a team of engineers working with product owners, managers, and QA to ensure timely delivery of high quality and valuable solutions to customer problems
- Develop Web Applications and Services using Modern Development Practices and Principles
- Maintain & Modernize Existing Products
- Use Data Integration Tools such as Mulesoft, Tibco, or internal tools to integrate systems
- Ensure Products Match Zywave Brand Standards
- Work with Relational cand NoSQL Databases
- Mentor & Train Other Developers on the team
- Build & Maintain Automated Testing
- Participate & Assist in Deployments at a time and manner that doesn't interfere with customers using the system.
- Participate In On-Call Rotation
- Participate in the decision-making process in relation to factors like which technologies are to be used and why.
- Ensure that the direction of the product for the business needs matches the direction of the product for technical needs
- Recommend and use industry best practices and tools to build new and maintain current key components that are parts of Agency Management Systems used both internally and externally
- Participate in product discovery and research to develop a deep understanding of customer problems and needs
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of the product development lifecycle
- Make Zywave, Inc. the best in our business while learning, growing, and having fun
Zywave's technology stack includes best of breed technologies selected by our Teams to efficiently develop solutions. We blend technology layers together using modern service-oriented communication patterns such that end users get the best solutions and we get to use the best technology.Factors for Success
- 6+ years of Engineering Experience with focus on web applications, backend API services, and Data Integration tools
- Familiarity with OWASP Security Practices
- Experience with git
- Experience with Debugging Practices
- Possess excellent written and oral communication skills
- Possess a high level of organizational, creativity, and problem-solving skills
- Familiarity with API patterns such as REST, SOAP, etc.
- Familiarity with relational databases such as SQL Server and document/NoSQL databases such as Mongo
- Familiarity with modern software development design patterns and principles like SOLID, DRY & YAGNI
What would be nice to have:
- Familiarity with Common Insurance Terms and Practices
- Familiarity with Docker and/or Kubernetes
- Familiarity with API testing tools such as Postman
- Experience with Automated Testing Tools & Techniques
- Experience with C# .NET
Why pick Zywave? Zywave is a cutting edge, web-based SaaS company that has revolutionized the insurance industry by helping independent agencies leverage technology solutions to grow their business in employee benefits and property and casualty markets. Zywave has been a highly profitable and growing business for over 25 years and is consistently voted a Top Workplace, also earning an award for Milwaukee's Coolest Office.