Title: Sr. Manufacturing Engineer
Location: West Chicago, IL
Sterling has helped build careers for thousands of professionals like yourself. Our expert recruiters support you at every step in the process and as a Best of Staffing company, Sterling provides exciting work with exceptional employers across the U.S.
Hire Type: Direct hire
As a Senior Manufacturing Engineer, you will utilize your expertise to facilitate transformative change across the companies manufacturing footprint. In your role you will plan and deliver multiple industrialization projects, ensuring limited impact on production. You will be responsible for the daily production support, facility layout, implementation of new equipment and tooling, and staffing capacity planning.
- Manage a respective Production Zone with relation to providing industrial engineering support to achieve key performance goals.
- Research and formulate plans to accomplish major projects, including manpower estimates, cost estimates and implementation plans.
- Compare legacy product design to new product design to identify differences in components and labor content including reviewing bill of material (BOM) for accuracy in support of proposal work.
- Review and provide feasibility guidance around engineering change notices being considered for production implementation.
- Collaborate with design teams to identify and drive design changes that improve manufacturability of core product.
- Identify & lead process improvements in the areas of safety, quality, and productivity utilizing lean and six sigma principles and methodologies.
- Assist in regular line re-balancing to support changes in production goals and product changes.
- Participate in new product launch activities and proto/pilot work as needed.
- Develop and mentor assigned industrial engineers and technicians
- Bachelor' s degree in Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering or in a related field.
- Three(3) or more years in industrial engineering and process design and/or improvement.
- Prior experience with leading small to medium sized cross-functional projects.
- Experience and proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite; including a strong emphasis on Excel.
- Well experienced using AutoCAD, DrafSight, or similar drafting software to produce layout and process flows.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information