Addiction Medicine opening in Lafayette, Indiana.
Part Time Addiction Medicine Physician Lafayette, IN
Schedule: Monday and Tuesday (8:00 am to 11:00 am)
MedMark Treatment Centers is dedicated to providing individualized treatment integrating pharmacotherapy, clinical counseling, recovery support and medical services.
MedMark Treatment Centers, addiction treatment programs deliver medically-supervised services for adults in a variety of modalities and settings. As the largest specialty organization addressing the opioid crisis, we have unlimited opportunities for those looking to make a difference. At MedMark Treatment Centers, we believe in delivering a higher level of care to our patients, not just talking about it. We are committed to treating our patients and each other with dignity and respect in a culture that fosters excellence in all that we do. MedMark Treatment Centers is looking for a full time physician that is dedicated to helping patients in their road to recovery.
Primary Job Function:
- Admitting Patients for Methadone and Buprenorphine Treatment
- Applicant must be able to cover absences for the Medical Director during vacations, attendance at addiction meetings, and personal absences
- Physician will obtain a history and physical exam
- Documentation into the EMR, entering orders for methadone dosing in the EMR or writing a buprenorphine prescription
- Consistently monitoring patient dosages in conjunction with the Treatment Center Director, Counselors and Dosing Nurses
- Consulting on patients that are high risk and doing annual medication reviews
- Other related duties as determined by supervisor
Qualifications Education Certifications:
- Boarded Certified or Eligible in any specialty
- Must be licensed in the State of Indiana
- One-year of Addiction Medicine or Primary Care experience is required
- Must have or be willing to obtain an X waiver
- Knowledge of Medication Assisted Treatment is preferred
- Must be able to interact compassionately with a diverse population
- Satisfactory drug screen and criminal background check
What to expect from us:
MedMark Treatment Centers a progressive substance abuse treatment organization is committed to the highest quality of patient care in a comfortable outpatient clinic setting. Our ultimate goal is to address the physical, emotional, and mental aspects of opioid use disorder to help each of our patients achieve long-term recovery and an improved quality of life.
MedMark Treatment Centers is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and to compliance with all Federal, State and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination on the basis of race, color, age, natural origin, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, genetic disposition, disability or veteran s status or any other classification protected by State/Federal laws