Pediatric-Orthosurgery opening in Greenville, North Carolina.
ECU Health Physicians and ECU Health Orthopedics, located in Greenville, North Carolina, are seeking a board eligible or board certified Pediatric Orthopedic Surgeon to join their established orthopedic practice. Applicants should be pediatric orthopedic surgery fellowship trained. The successful candidate will manage a broad range of pediatric orthopedic surgery patients.
- Employment by ECU Health Physicians
- Privileges at ECU Health Medical Center, a 974-bed level 1 trauma center
- Growing practice includes 7 Orthopedic surgeons and 9 advanced practice providers
- Established Pediatric Orthopedic Surgery program
- Expansive referral network consisting of 29 counties and over 1.4 million people
- 198-bed children s hospital and state of the art pediatric emergency department
- Access to The ECU Health Surgicenter
- Collaborative group that shares pediatric call
- Established multidisciplinary Scoliosis clinic
- Dedicated Pediatric Ortho clinic space and staff
- Children s hospital medical staff includes Pediatric Neurosurgery, Pediatric General Surgery, and Pediatric Plastic Surgery
- Highly competitive guaranteed base salary with potential production and quality incentives
- Ability to live only an hour away from the beautiful North Carolina coast
In addition to a competitive compensation and benefits plan, qualified applicants may also be eligible for loan repayment, sign-on bonus, income guarantees, and residency/fellowship paid commitment stipends.
ECU Health is a mission-driven, 1,708-bed academic health care system serving more than 1.4 million people in 29 eastern North Carolina counties. The not-for-profit system is comprised of 13,000 team members, nine hospitals and a physician group that encompasses over 1,100 academic and community providers practicing in over 180 primary and specialty clinics located in more than 130 locations. The flagship ECU Health Medical Center, a Level I Trauma Center, and ECU Health Maynard Children s Hospital serve as the primary teaching hospitals for the Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University. ECU Health and the Brody School of Medicine share a combined academic mission to improve the health and well-being of eastern North Carolina through patient care, education and research.
ECU Health Physicians
ECU Health Physicians, the employed provider group of ECU Health, is comprised of over 1,100 physicians and advanced practice providers across more than 130 locations in eastern North Carolina. The group provides the infrastructure and leadership needed to manage a modern medical practice including processes for billing and collection, group contracting, electronic medical records and other technologies.
ECU Health Physicians includes an academic practice model (ECU employment) and a community practice model (health system employment). There is shared leadership and shared services to support the overall group and to ensure alignment for clinical care, research, education and strategy.
This innovative structure creates opportunities within ECU Health Physicians ranging from acute to ambulatory, academic practice to community practice, regional to rural, and everything in between.
ECU Health Maynard Children s Hospital
ECU Health Maynard Children s Hospital, located on the campus of ECU Health Medical Center, is designed to care for children from newborns to 18 years of age. The 206,499 square foot 198-bed facility provides highly specialized services including a pediatric intensive care (PICU), neonatal intensive care (NICU), kids immunosuppressed specialty unit (KISU), specialty care nursery, mother-baby unit, pediatric ECMO services, 24/7 children s emergency department, acute dialysis and continuous renal replacement therapy (CRRT), pediatric radiology, pediatric rehabilitation, general surgery, cardiovascular surgery, neurosurgery, and craniofacial surgery. The ECU Health Maynard Children's Hospital at ECU Health Medical Center is a designated Children s Miracle Network hospital, placing it among the nation s top children s facilities.
Widely recognized as the thriving cultural, educational, economic and medical hub of eastern North Carolina, Greenville is the 10th largest city in the state with a metropolitan population of nearly 100,000. The Dickinson Avenue Arts District offers a vibrant arts, music, culinary and festival scene in the Uptown Greenville district. Greenville is also home to East Carolina University, the Brody School of Medicine, and Pitt Community College. Excellent affordability, convenient location and natural resources combined with all of the amenities of a metropolitan university town, Greenville is the perfect place to live, work and play!
- Located inland off of the North Carolina coast, Greenville is 45 miles east of interstate 95, just over an hour to Raleigh, a little over an hour to the pristine beaches of the Crystal Coast of NC
- Home to East Carolina University (ECU), a vibrant university with an annual enrollment of more than 24,000 students
- Numerous waterways and the Greenville Greenway System are perfect for boating, kayaking, fishing, hiking and camping
- Mild climate perfect for year-round outdoor activities
- Cost of living below the national average, diverse and affordable housing and excellent educational opportunities, both public and private
- Investment of more than $500 million in downtown Greenville s revitalization bringing new restaurants, shops, businesses, and residents to the area