Ofgem works on behalf of energy consumers to ensure that every household and business in the UK can rely on a safe, affordable and environmentally sustainable energy supply. We are playing a vital part in accelerating the transition to Net Zero and a carbon neutral energy system - a goal that everyone wants to achieve. Whatever your role, you'll be playing your part in creating new energy solutions that are great for customers, and great for the environment.
Our Delivery & Schemes Directorate is our delivery arm and manages a number of high-profile environmental programmes. It's a fast-paced and dynamic place to work, and you can expect to be involved in ground-breaking work. Our flexible working career opportunities are incredibly varied, so we are committed to recruiting talented people from a diverse range of professional and personal backgrounds - bringing different perspectives and experiences to our work.
Our Digital Development team provides the high-quality software design, development and support services that underpin our environmental and social energy schemes. As Principle Developer you'll lead a small team of developers who work on applications that support scheme requirements. You'll work with Software Developers and Automation Testers to ensure that software products are ideally suited to business needs, and to evaluate and implement new technologies that can support business improvement. You'll have an important role to play in supporting and advancing our digital technology strategy, while ensuring that your team benefits from excellent support, development and career progression opportunities.
We're looking for someone with a good range of experience that will enable them to add value quickly in this role, and previous people management experience would definitely be a plus. You'll need to offer excellent knowledge as a Microsoft Software Developer, with a good understanding of technologies and practices such as:
Microsoft .NET (C#)
SQL Server Development
Test Driven Development (TDD)
Continuous Integration, build and deployment automation
Development techniques and design patterns
Relational database design
SQL Stored procedures
Unit Test Frameworks and Tools (Nunit, Moq, etc)
Version Control tools and workflows (TFS, GIT)
It's a fast-paced working environment where priorities can change quickly, so it's important that you are versatile and adaptable and that you thrive in a busy setting.
We are hosting an Open Event for our recruitment for the Digital Delivery Team at lunchtime on the 29th Sept which you can find out more information on the roles and life at Ofgem. Link to register:
https:/ / e/ delivery-and-schemes-digital-delivery-open-recruitment-event-tickets-419568168687
Ofgem has a culture of inclusion that encourages, supports and celebrates the diverse voices and experiences of our colleagues. It fuels our innovation and helps ensure we can best represent the consumers and the communities we serve. Everyone is welcome - as an inclusive workplace, our employees are comfortable bringing their authentic selves to work.
- Lead multi-disciplinary teams in a specific work area in the context of operating in a Professions and Flexible Resourcing
- Plan, oversee and deliver a set of work deliverables on time and to a high standard through effective project management and support of multidisciplinary team
- Provide inclusive team leadership by supporting and developing team members and demonstrating commitment to Ofgem
Apply for this job now
- Ensuring that software products developed internally and externally are technically and functionally suitable for Ofgem.
- Ensuring that Software Developers and Automation Testers are working to up to date best practices, and advancing professionally in a clear career path.
- Delivering regular software development iterations through the team for products, working in collaboration with Product Managers, Delivery Managers, Business Analysts, Solution Architects, Infrastructure, Information Security, User Stakeholders, and external delivery
- Contributing to, and advancing the digital technology
- Contributing to, and advancing ideas for continuous improvement, and quality improvement
- Ensuring that products are supported effectively with 3rd line support, working in collaboration with the Applications Support team.
- Job Reference: 719156761-2
- Date Posted: 23 September 2022
- Recruiter: OFGEM
- Location: Glasgow
- Salary: On Application