The Packaging Associate is responsible for packaging plant material and infused products. In this role, maintaining accuracy in weighing product, fulfilling product, labelling, and inventory is paramount. The Packaging Associate is also responsible for maintaining a perpetually clean workspace to provide a sterile environment for production of medical products. This person will also have some responsibility for tracking products electronically on the company's software system to ensure compliance with state laws and program regulations.
- Package infused and plant material into proper containers with proper labeling to ensure compliance with state regulations
- Exhibit competency in basic organizational skills, communication skills and windows based operating software
- Manage time efficiently in order to meet goals while consistently producing quality product
- Sanitation & cleanup of all processing areas throughout the day
- Assist with the production line
- Load and unload items from machines, carts, and dollies
- Fill and package products for delivery
- Record data
- Must be able to adapt quickly to changes in policy, procedure and technique
- Employee must exhibit personal hygiene and follow the health guidelines set forth by the company and the state while processing patient medicine
- Ability to listen well and communicate effectively with various audiences, especially with the direct supervisors and co-workers
- Ability to perform a monotonous task with great efficiency over 8-hour work periods without losing quality
- Must work well in a group and independently; demonstrate self-motivation and initiative
- Must pass any and all required pre-employment screenings
- Must be and remain compliant with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
- Must possess valid driver's license or state ID card
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age
- Must be approved by state badging agency to work in cannabis industry
- High School Education or GED required
- 1+ years working in production environment required
- Experience processing medical cannabis or other botanicals highly desirable
- A solid understanding of the Cannabis laws, rules and regulations and passion to further their understanding and knowledge of the industry and the laws.
At SKYMINT, we have one mission and one mission only: to change people's lives for the better.
Change your life. Change the world.
Personal change. Social change. Political change. We want it all, and we're committed to being trailblazers in the cannabis industry. By creating, developing, distributing, and selling the best cannabis products on the market, and by giving back to support positive change in our communities, we believe we cannot only change our customers' lives for the better; we believe we can change the world.
At Skymint, we believe access to the best cannabis plants can help you live your best life. So, we grow them right here in Michigan, giving farm-to-stash freshness at the best value around.
We treat our teams like the modern-day cannabis sommeliers they are, giving them the resources, they need to create life-changing experiences for all. Why? Because we've seen what happens when happy people make happy plants. We hope you'll want to be a part of this team!
- Competitive Pay
- Paid Time Off
Equal opportunity employer
As an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), we are committed to equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. We do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual stereotyping, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), or any other federally, state and/or locally protected characteristic. Employment may be contingent upon receipt of a background check, a possible job-related drug test (excluding cannabis), and/or reference check, as applicable and permissible by law.