£50,000 per annum plus car and bonus
40 hours per week
We are looking for an experienced Project Manager to join our highly established and reputable client at their stunning premises in Crewe. You will provide end to end Project Management in order to support exciting growth plans and significantly increase volumes over the next five years.
This is fantastic opportunity to drive key projects across the business. You will focus on how systems and processes are developed and implemented across the company and report directly to the finance director. You will be able to establish an excellent understanding of the project management capability across the network of sites and at head office.
You'll need to have a high-level and rounded understanding of core business processes including Operations, Finance, HR, Sales and Distribution as well as IT systems that support them. The role will require strong stakeholder management skills and the ability to connect with and lead a variety of project team members. You will be responsible for ensuring the business delivers on its commitment to delivering change across all key projects. It also requires strong business analysis skills and the ability to learn new businesses quickly, and to think strategically, remaining focused on priorities. You will have programme and project management responsibilities.
To be responsible for the project management of key strategic programmes
- Pre and post-acquisition of process and system integration of the business systems between head office and newly acquired businesses including finance, HR and IT.
- Sales process change management including the implementation of CRM
- Provide PMO support services & reporting to senior management for weekly, monthly updates and group project status reports.
- Own and update project plans routinely to provide accurate status of progress.
- Hold overall responsibility for assigned projects.
- Ensure that all assigned projects are managed in line with the relevant project framework to deliver to agreed quality, scope, time, and commercial terms.
- Define viable project objectives, scope and deliverables
- Applying project lifecycle, methodology and processes effectively
- Preparation and maintenance of all project documentation
- Professional and effective planning and control of projects
- Identify and quantify project risks and mitigating actions
- Proactive ongoing management throughout the project lifecycle
- Effective management of assigned resource to support delivery
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including facilitation, presentation and collaboration
- Excellent project management, organisational, and leadership skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate concepts to clients and proven ability to work effectively with all organisational levels
- Ability to anticipate risks and devise solutions in the moment, prioritise work and meet deadlines
- Ability to diplomatically challenge stakeholders to keep aligned with priorities
- Extensive knowledge of project management processes, systems development methods, organisational change management concepts, and business process improvement methods.
- Hands on experience in making things happen through structured project and programme management
- Business process experience (not only technical)
- Complex integration projects
- Working with Sales, Finance, HR, Operations (ERP systems)
- M&A experience is an advantage
- Strong commercial background who has worked across a depot based, distribution business model
- Experience with working with senior managers and directors would be advantageous
- Degree or equivalent education background in business and/or project management
- Strong attention to detail
- Results orientated approach
- Ability to demonstrate strategic vision and translate this into successful operational delivery
- Experience of working with people and third parties to deliver strategy and measurable results
- Good team player
- Inquisitive approach to finding new ways to solve problems
- Able to simplify complexity and shape ambiguity to enable clear communication and build understanding across the business
£45K - £50K
25 days holiday
If you believe you have the experience and understanding needed to succeed in this role and would like to know more please call Leanne on or email your CV to