Oncology-Radiation opening in Lexington, Kentucky. Job ID: 10541Practice Details
- Seeking a part-time Radiation Oncologist to join a well-established community cancer treatment facility
- New linear accelerator
- Flexible schedule
- Experienced and dedicated multi-specialty peer network
The Community. This community is the Horse Capital of the World and provides you with the amenities of a small metropolitan area. Lexington is the home of the University of Kentucky (UK), which enrolls more than 24,000 students.
The Housing Market. With A Mean Home Price Of $225,579, This 5-Bedroom, 3-Bath, 3,093 Sq Ft Home located in an amazing Tuscany neighborhood home awaits you as you enter the 2-story foyer to the eye popping great room with stunning coffer ceiling & fireplace. can be yours for $459,900.
Have The Perfect Blend Of Work-Life Balance. You'll Find This Organization To Support A Good Work/Life Balance At A Caring, Collaborative Environment Where Leadership Listens.
About Employer. This Employer Is Committed To It's Doctors And The Entire Employee Staff And Enjoys Long Term Retention Of Its Key Physician Personnel Due To Exceptional Compensation And Quality Of Life Provided By The Community. Closest Major City
- 4 miles to Lexington-Fayette, KY
- 72 miles to Louisville, KY
- 81 miles to Cincinnati, OH
- 153 miles to Indianapolis, IN
Colleges and Universities
- There are 14 colleges within 50 miles of Lexington-Fayette urban county.
- Lexington is the home of the University of Kentucky (UK), which enrolls more than 24,000 students and was established in 1865. UK is home to 16 major colleges including schools of medicine, law, engineering, arts and sciences, and business.
- Lexington Community College is located on the campus of the University of Kentucky.
- Transylvania University is a small four-year institution affiliated with the Christian Church; it was established in 1780.
- Within a 40-mile radius are Eastern Kentucky University and seven other colleges: Asbury, Berea, Centre, Georgetown, Kentucky State, Midway, and Southeastern Christian Junior. Together they award undergraduate and advanced degrees in a full range of fields, including medicine, law, engineering, economics, architecture, and library science.
- A rejuvenated downtown features Triangle Park, a 1.5-million-acre oasis of pear trees and cascading waterways; Gratz Park historic area; Victorian Square, an entire city block of restored turn-ofthe-century buildings transformed into fine shops; and Dudley Square, a renovated 1800s schoolhouse with a craft center and restaurant.
- One of Lexington's best-known attractions is Kentucky Horse Park, a 1,200-acre tribute to the animal that makes the area famous.
- The Lexington History Museum (free admission), Lexington's newest attraction, is housed in the beautiful old Fayette County Courthouse (circa 1900). Inaugural exhibits include a timeline of the area's history, a photographic study of Lexington's African American community and a special display of the IBM Selectric Typewriter, once produced locally.
- Perryville Battlefield in nearby Perryville, Kentucky is the site of Kentucky's bloodiest, and most important, Civil War battle.
- Henry Clay's twenty-room mansion, Ashland, is furnished with Clay family heirlooms and set on 20 acres of woodland and formal gardens.
- Lexington has more than a dozen major shopping centers, including modern indoor malls that feature both large department stores and smaller specialty shops.
- Turfland Mall has department stores and retail shops, and Fayette Mall is the second-largest mall in Kentucky with more than 120 stores.
- The Shops at Lexington Center is convenient to downtown and the convention center. The city also offers plenty of boutique and specialty shopping areas.
- Clay Avenue Shops are a collection of stores in a former turn-of-the-century residential neighborhood. Victorian Square and Dudley Square are historic, renovated areas in the downtown with restaurants, fashions and Kentucky/Appalachian handicrafts. Chevy Chase Village is a thriving and eclectic mix of shops near the University.