When you join the Huntington Hospital team, you are aligning yourself with an organization whose values drive our philosophy of compassionate community care. Over the past 129 years, we've grown from a small 16-bed hospital to a nationally recognized healthcare leader with 619 beds. As part of our commitment to providing equitable, high-quality care to all members of our community, we embrace differences and work hard to create a place of belonging for our patients and our employees. When you join the Huntington family, you'll be empowered to enact change that continuously improves our ability to deliver world-class care, with kindness and dignity, to all who need it.
** Internal Workers - Please log into your Workday account to apply **
Huntington Hospital Employee Login
742700 Recovery Rm Svc-PACU
Responsible for coordination of care to meet identified needs of the patient/family. Supervises the management of patient care utilizing critical thinking and nursing process, discharge planning, resource identification, linking and scheduling patients with required services, monitoring care delivery, advocating for the patient, care planning and evaluating outcomes. Coordinates patient care across the health care continuum, and assists other team members with meeting individual patient needs.
The PACU RN provides concentrated observation and care of patients of all ages during the immediate post anesthesia
period and facilitates the patients care through a collaborative effort with physicians and other health care team members, including transfer on a continuum of care to the appropriate department.
This position may require flexibility of hours.
For hires prior to 9/1/15, Graduate from accredited nursing program required.
For internal promotions or for hires on 9/1/15 and thereafter, BSN preferred or must be currently enrolled in a BSN or MSN program & degree must be completed within 3 years of DOH or date of transition to an RN position.
Diploma or transcripts on highest degree earned required.
Minimum 1 year of current experience in acute care area of expertise/equivalent service area, 2 years preferred. One year Critical Care, PACU and Trauma Center experience Preferred.
Must challenge and successfully pass the Basic Dysrhythmia course curriculum within 21 days of hire. Basic computer skills/experience with computerized documentation systems required.
Current active unrestricted RN license issued by State of California.
Current American Heart Association BLS, ACLS and PALS Provider required.
CPAN or related certification, preferred
Additional Unit Specific Essential Functions:
1. Demonstrates proficiency in delivering care utilizing advanced knowledge base of Cardiovascular, Neuro, Respiratory, and Metabolic issues as pertains to the individual patient.
2. Moves patients toward discharge to the next level of care following the established discharge criteria including but not limited to Aldrete score, dermatome level, stable BP, heart rate, oxygen saturation of 94% or higher, and proper Pain Management.
3. Communicates appropriately with the MD on any patient status variance that influences an expected progressive recovery course toward transfer to the next level of care.
4. Accompanies the patient on transfer and gives a thorough report utilizing appropriate Hand-Off format, including a review of the post operative orders, to the receiving RN.
5. Demonstrates ability to assist with ECTs.
6. Maintains annual competencies via skills validation and self studies. Attends a code blue drill every twelve months.
7. Maintains basic knowledge of Joint Commission requirements and the National Patient Safety Goals.
8. Demonstrates commitment to the Customer Service standards by providing information to patient, visitors, coworkers, and physicians in a friendly, helpful, courteous manner.