Who We Are
Atkore is forging a future where our employees, customers, suppliers, shareholders, and communities are building better together - a future focused on serving the customer and powering and protecting the world.
With a global network of manufacturing and distribution facilities, Atkore is a leading provider of electrical, safety and infrastructure solutions.Who We Are Looking For
We are currently searching for a Roll Room (Tooling) Supervisor to be based out of our Harvey, IL location. Reporting to the Value Stream Manager, this person will be responsible for managing all Roll Room activities including supervising daily operations, solving technical issues, maintaining tooling history to ensure customer specifications are met and tooling is ready for production in a safe, timely and cost-effective manner. Works closely with tooling and manufacturing engineers along with production supervisors to improve plant safety, part quality, line productivity and tool performance.
The ideal candidate will have 3 - 5 years relevant supervisory experience. Experience in lean manufacturing or business system-based company is a plus.What You'll Do
What You'll Bring
- Manage/Lead the Roll room activities in 24/7 manufacturing operation.
- Provides daily communication (verbal and written) to the Roll Room staff to meet customer demands
- Coordinates activities by scheduling work assignments, setting priorities, and directing the work of Roll Room employees.
- Prepare and maintain reports according to tooling inventories, tooling measurements, and pertaining procedures.
- Manage, monitor, and adjust stock inventories of new and in process tooling.
- Manages Roll Room consumables ensuring proper stock.
- Periodically reviews procedures to ensure work performed is in accordance with Company and safety standards.
- Work closely with internal and external suppliers to track and maintain tooling
- Oversees the Specification, sourcing, and installation of new and replacement Tooling
Within 3 Months, You'll
- High School Diploma or GED (some college preferred)
- 3 -5 years of supervisory experience required
- Print reading, shop math, and machining skills are required
- Roll forming die experience is a plus
- Understands basic metrology
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Promotes clear communications
- Basic computer skills to include understanding of Microsoft Office
Within 6 Months, You'll
- Complete your Atkore immersion program.
- Understand how your job will help deliver Atkore's strategy.
- Gain an understanding of your team.
Within 12 Months, You'll
- Gain an understanding of the current training materials and procedures your team owns.
- Partner with Value Stream Manager and Engineering to start identifying short- and long-term process improvement ideas.
- Identify ways to strengthen the team's commitment to Atkore's core values of Accountability, Teamwork, Integrity, Respect and Excellence.
- Create, update, and share training materials and documentation.
- Have meaningful performance conversations with team and operators in area's supported.
- Be able to resolve any issues quickly and safely
Atkore is a recipient of a Great Place to Work© certification and a Top Workplaces USA award! We're committed to creating an engaged and aligned workforce that drives collaborative culture. Our team strives
for breakthrough results, stays
focused on being standout leaders, and fully supports
decisions of the Company. We consistently live the Atkore mission, strategic priorities, and behaviors, all in a way that's consistent with our core values. Together, we build strong leaders that continually endeavor to move us forward.Join our team and align yourself with an industry leader!