This is the job for you if you enjoy: A) solving really difficult problems, B) working on exciting products and technology, and C) never being bored. Our instruments are the preferred choice in Institutional Research from MIT to Tsinghua! Come join our team.
Working at MICROMERITICS means you are improving our world in many ways. Our high-performing products offer solutions that characterize particles, powders, and porous materials focusing on physical properties, chemical activity, and flow properties. Our industry-leading technology portfolio includes: pycnometry, adsorption, dynamic chemisorption, intrusion porosimetry, powder rheology, activity testing of catalysts, and particle size.
MICROMERITICS has Research & Development and Manufacturing facilities in the USA, United Kingdom, and Spain. Our sales and service operations directly service customers in through the Americas, Europe, and Asia. MICROMERITICS systems are the instruments-of-choice in more than 10,000 laboratories of the world's most innovative companies, prestigious government, and academic institutions. Our world-class scientists and responsive support teams enable customer success by applying our technology to the most demanding applications.
The Senior Electrical Engineer works closely with our multidisciplinary team of electrical, mechanical, and software engineers, as well as project management team to design new products and maintain existing designs for our markets.
- Develop analog, digital and mixed signal PCB designs for new products and existing product upgrades.
- Develop complex control systems that incorporate temperature, pressure and flow control.
- Develop power distribution architectures for electronic modules/PCBs and targeted heating subsystems in new instrument concepts.
- Designing with microprocessors and SoC's.
- Developing efficient system architectures for complex electro-mechanical systems.
- Select analog & digital circuit components for new development, and manage component life cycle and compliance.
- Design cable/cable harness interconnections within complex systems.
Education: BSEE or equivalent
Knowledge & Skills:
- Experience with PCB design, schematic capture, and layout.
- Basic understanding of communication protocols such as SPI, CAN, USB, RS-485, Ethernet, I2C.
- Basic understanding of wireless protocols like WiFi, Bluetooth, BLE, and RFID.
- Experience with test equipment: oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, spectrum analyzers.
- Experience with circuit simulation, e.g., MultiSim, LTSpice, or PSPICE equivalents.
- Able to work comfortably with diverse core teams - including electrical, mechanical, systems, and manufacturing engineers.
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment.
EEO / Male / Female / Veteran / Disability
All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. (Executive Order 11246, Section 503, & VEVRAA)