HBK Engineering is searching for a Licensed Professional Civil Site Engineer to support our growing portfolio of land development projects, including electric vehicle charging stations, commercial and utility-scale solar, battery energy storage sites and utility-related civil site work. Our firm offers a professional work environment, excellent benefits, competitive salary, and growth potential.Who We Are
HBK Engineering, LLC is a proven leader in utility engineering. We are a fully licensed, professional engineering design firm headquartered in downtown Chicago, with local offices throughout the country. In 2020, HBK Engineering, LLC joined forces with Quanta Services, the leading specialty contractor with the largest skilled labor force in North America - providing fully integrated infrastructure solutions for the utility, energy, and communications industries. As HBK continues to build our experience in the Power, Gas and Telecommunication infrastructure space, we are additionally expanding into the renewables, pipeline, oil & gas, and environmental services markets. With all these growth-focused, fast-paced career opportunities, there's never been a more exciting time to join the HBK Engineering team.Description
- Lead a project team consisting of engineers, designers, and field personnel involved in the design of land development projects, including plan and specification preparation, stormwater management calculations as well as client and jurisdictional stakeholder coordination.
- Act as a team lead in the oversight and quality control of all aspects of Design.
- Mentor engineers and designers
- Assist in the preparation of proposals and cost estimates
- Assist in compiling and submittal of design documentation for permit
- Lead efforts to ensure projects are completed satisfactorily, on time, and within budget.
- Coordinate design activities to ensure construction will comply with specifications, codes, and client requirements.
- Prepare reports and studies that present technical information in a clear and concise manner and meet client requirements.
- Perform independent reviews of work performed by others, including calculations and drawing preparation.
- Travel Required as needed.
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering Degree required from ABET accredit institution.
- Professional Engineering License with the ability to get reciprocity in other states as required.
- 5-10 years of experience.
- Demonstrated 3 or more years of experience in leading an engineering design team through all phases of project designs.
Valued But Not Required Skills And Experience
- Experience with creating construction work package designs, scheduling, and construction services.
- Experience with serving as firm/client liaison in a support or lead engineering role.
- Experience in reviewing design drawings created by others.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD and/or Microstation
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite required.
- Strong written and verbal communication abilities
- Experience in performing due diligence evaluations.
- Experience working with renewables and/or utility clients
- Construction experience.
- Exposure to survey practices.
Offers contingent upon satisfactory results from our standard background check and receipt of results of a satisfactory drug screening test from a location specified by HBK.