Are you an experienced technical expert in Physical Design and Methodology and passionate to enable the development of our cutting-edge Microcontrollers and SoCs? Then, we have the right challenge for you at Infineon s headquarter in Munich. Apply now to join us as Senior Staff Engineer Physical Design and Methodology. We are looking for your experience and your willingness to share it. In that manner you will get to know other technical experts and build up strong international relationships. Moreover, as a technical lead you are able to plan and track work packages, delegate tasks and support junior colleagues. This Position is part of our Techical Ladder: A special career path for those who share innovative ideas, demonstrate comprehensive technical knowledge, show thought leadership, possess problem solving abilities and are able to create business value.Responsibilities
In your new role you will:
- Get to work on methodology development catering to various products ranging from Automotive, sensors, IoT, security solutions with challenges involving on low power, design closure methodology etc.
- Drive physical implementation and related methodology topics to foster design closure with high quality and faster timeline.
- Propose state of art methodologies to address new design implementation challenges and be result oriented.
- Understanding product development requirements and providing optimal solution for Physical implementation.
- Give technical guidance, motivate and drive others to use new methods.
- Contribute to overall methodology topics in collaboration with the flow team and close interaction with architecture team.
- Analyze and debug technical problems and drive the development of workaround s or tool-adjustments in order to reduce them.
- Ensure proper documentation and foster knowledge sharing in- and outside of your team.
- Proactively identify and act on new trends or developments in your area of expertise.
- Additional benefit is to have the know-how about version and change management tools e.g. Clearcase, GiT etc., also the know-how of the latest AIML trends in the physical design domain.
You have a clear notion of how innovation contributes to the commercial success of the company. You can anticipate even the future needs of our internal customers and engages actively with them about these needs.
You take on new challenges without knowing the right path to an eventual solution in advance.
You are best equipped for this task if you have:
- A degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or a similar field
- At least 5 years of experience in RTL2GDS and Physical Design of highly complex SoCs
- First-rate technical leadership skills
- Sound programming skills and knowledge in scripting languages like Tcl, Perl or Python
- Basic knowledge in HDL languages (e.g. Verilog) and SoC architectures
- Very good English language skills - with German being an added plus
- Coaching, mentoring networking possibilities
- Wide range of training offers & planning of career development
- International Assignments
- Different Career Paths: Project Management, Technical Ladder, Management & Individual Contributor
- Flexible working conditions
- Home Office Options
- Part-time work possible
- Creche and kindergarden with 180 spots and opening times until 6pm
- Holiday Child Care
- On-site social counselling and works doctor
- Health promotion programs
- On-site gym, jogging paths, beachvolleyball, tennis and soccer court
- On-site canteen
- Private insurance offers
- Wage payment in case of sick leave
- Corporate pension benefits
- Flexible transition into retirement
- Performance bonus
- Cheaper ticket for public transport and very own S-Bahn station
- Accessibility access for wheelchairs