Service Technician (Commercial)
Reports To: Field Supervisor or Branch Manager
Location Name: Parker Pearce
Location Address: 7901 Beechcraft Ave Suite C, Gaithersburg, MD 20879
Why You Should Join the Service Experts Team?
Our team consists of the very best; we believe in doing what is right for our customers and our employees. We provide our employees with the training, support and an opportunity for unlimited professional growth. Join us and become an EXPERT!
Service Experts Company Perks and Benefits for YOU
Top Pay for Top Performers, including incentive and bonus opportunities, depending on the position
- Up to $130,000 on average First Year Total Compensation Total Compensation is Hourly plus Spiffs/Commissions***Depending on Center this could be more
- Up to $5,000 SIGN On Bonus offered, depending on experience
Generous PTO provided
- 19 paid days off within your first year of employment (vacation, personal holidays, & national holidays)
- 24 paid days off after your 2 nd year of employment
- No layoffs during Slow Season - due to our extensive customer base, you will never have to worry about not being able to provide for your family year-round
- Ready to get out of your work truck? We have ample advancement and career-growth opportunities available across the U.S.
- Hold on to your more of your paycheck with Company-sponsored Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance programs
- We provided wellness program options for free employee medical
- Company-provided smart phone, tablet, uniform plan, and tool replacement program
- We'll make you better at what you do with our internal Training Academy
- Best-in-class 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with attractive company matching contributions
- Company-paid employee Life Insurance with options for YOU and your Family!
- Short-term and Long-term disability insurance options that will protect you and your family if you are unable to work
- Supplemental benefit programs such as: Legal advice, pet insurance, and health advocacy program
Come join the BEST and the BIGGEST team in HVAC: Service Experts Heating, Air Conditioning, & Plumbing!
Under minimum supervision, performs diagnostic and service work on commercial (rooftop) HVAC equipment and accessories. Communicates with commercial customer to answer questions, resolve problems, and ensure complete customer satisfaction. Works under the direction of the Field Supervisor or Branch Manager.
- High school diploma or GED with additional training and experience in all aspects of commercial HVAC with NATE certification preferred.
- Must possess all valid licensing or certification as required by federal, state, provincial, or local governmental laws or regulations for the geographical work area.
- Skilled at servicing commercial (rooftop) heating, air conditioning, boilers and associated equipment, and ventilation equipment as well as related accessories.
- Proficient mechanical aptitude and the ability to operate all necessary tools and equipment.
- Proficient and able to operate all necessary tools and equipment to perform various service projects.
- Proficient at reading wiring diagrams and troubleshoot problems with electrical, refrigerant, and duct systems on commercial HVAC equipment.
- Proficient and able to properly start up and balance airflow on all commercial systems with little or no supervision.
- Proficient and able to install a basic duct fitting.
- Skilled at troubleshooting and repairing refrigeration systems, hot water systems, steam boiler systems, and related commercial equipment with little or no supervision.
- Effective communication skills to communicate with customer and resolve customer issues, complaints, or concerns.
- Effective and efficient time-management and organizational skills.
- Valid driver's license with acceptable driving record.
- Two years' experience performing service and maintenance work on commercial HVAC equipment and related accessories.
- Available to work flexible hours and on-call shifts as needed.
- Ability to stand and walk and to climb ladders and attic stairs and to maneuver in attics, basements, and crawl spaces to access HVAC units. Ability to continually climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, and/or crawl.
- Ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, including but not limited to the following: hot, cold, outdoor, indoor, dry, humid, slippery surfaces, heights, and congested areas.
- Ability to safely climb 300lb load capacity rated ladders with a 30lb tool belt.
- Natural or corrected vision to see and focus for close, distance, peripheral vision with normal depth perception.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds and ability to lift and carry items weighing up to 50 pounds.
What Do We Offer You as a Service Experts Employee?
Service Experts offers a comprehensive benefits package designed to support employees and their families in managing their health and wellness needs. Following is a summary of the many benefits that could be available to you as a Service Experts valued employee.
- Competitive Pay, including incentive opportunities for many positions
- Paid Time Off and Company Holiday Pay
- Medical /Dental /Vision Insurance programs
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with company matching contributions
- Life Insurance, for you and options you can elect for your family
- Short-term and Long-term disability insurance options, that protects you and your family if you are unable to work
- Supplemental benefit programs such as: Legal advice, pet insurance, health advocacy programs
- World Class Training opportunities through our Experts University
- Career Development opportunities
Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.