NYU Langone Health is a world-class, patient-centered, integrated academic medical center, known for its excellence in clinical care, research, and education. It comprises more than 200 locations throughout the New York area, including five inpatient locations , a children's hospital , three emergency rooms and a level 1 trauma center. Also part of NYU Langone Health is the Laura and Isaac Perlmutter Cancer Center , a National Cancer Institute designated comprehensive cancer center, and NYU Grossman School of Medicine , which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. For more information, go to , and interact with us on LinkedIn , Glassdoor , Indeed , Facebook , Twitter , YouTube and Instagram .
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Sr. Financial Analyst - Decision Support.
In this role, the successful candidate in the Decision Support and Value Improvement team is an integral team at NYU Langone Health in their role of driving value across the organization. The Decision Support team partners directly with clinical, operational, and cross-functional teams across the enterprise to provide insightful analyses to achieve institutional goals. By providing cost accounting, benchmarking, and analytical services, the Decision Support and Value Improvement team identifies opportunities and works with stakeholders to inform sound business decisions. The department is comprised of 15 team members, 4 clinical leads, and a fully dedicated IT group.
Under the guidance of the Assistant Director of Decision Support and Value Improvement, the Senior Financial Analyst will be responsible for the production of financial analyses that assist in the monitoring of the hospital's financial performance. This role will be involved in providing analytical support for the system-wide Value Based Management (VBM) initiative, which includes continuous identification of opportunities and implementation of solutions to drive value across all sites of the health system. The candidate will be involved in the enhancement of existing system-wide financial dashboards and development of new dashboards that support strategic initiatives. The candidate should have experience with a decision support system or healthcare related reporting. In particular, the ideal candidate would be experienced in cost accounting, data reconciliation, data analysis, and visualization. In addition, the candidate should be comfortable with handling large data sets, have strong communication skills, and a team oriented perspective.
He/she will also be involved with the numerous ongoing projects relating to the identification of cost saving opportunities, physician resource utilization analysis, quality/cost analysis, and dashboard creation. The Senior Financial Analyst will also be engaged in the various benchmarking activities and other projects as needed.
- Perform a wide portfolio of complex analyses including, but not limited to financial, operational, clinical, and benchmark reporting
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the internal costing system (EPSi) and effectively run accurate EPSi reports; understand the relationship between the various EPSi fields and the potential restrictions when resolving crucial business decisions from stakeholders
- Conduct financial analyses to identify cost, revenue, and quality improvement opportunities and provide decision support for key strategic initiatives
- Develops and maintain system-wide Tableau dashboards that span financial reporting, identification of value opportunities, and department performance for annual financial goals
- Package and summarize analytical findings for senior leadership with clear understanding of results and thoughtful recommendations
- Independently develop analytical frameworks for large, complex data sets and exercise discretion and judgement in analytical approach
- Create and maintain Alteryx workflows to automate processes, implement controls, and reduce redundancies
- Proactively communicate to management any arising issues or barriers to meet timelines/deliverables
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement (e.g. improving data integrity, process flow); act independently on resolving / improving
- Utilize Alteryx, Microsoft Excel, and Tableau for data analysis, validation, and visualization
- Demonstrates initiative for taking on new tasks or responsibilities. Exhibits creative thinking by suggesting alternative and innovative solutions to problems encountered
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or Business administration
- A minimum of three to five (3-5) years of experience with a not-for-profit, healthcare or accounting
- Action-oriented, with experience managing aggressive deadlines and strength across a broad range of technical skills
- Strong foundation in financial analysis and/or accounting
- Must have a general understanding of the healthcare industry
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Excel and/or Access
- High-level of proficiency in Tableau, Excel, Access, and Decision Support reporting programs
- Experience working with a decision support/cost accounting system
- Extensive experience in data transformation/manipulation
- Basic understanding of database relationships and structures
- Experience in Business Intelligence/visualization tools (i.e Tableau, Power BI)
High-level of proficiency in Tableau, Excel, Access, and Decision Support reporting programs
Experience working with a decision support/cost accounting system
Extensive experience in data transformation/manipulation
Basic understanding of database relationships and structures
Experience in Business Intelligence/visualization tools (i.e Tableau, Power BI)
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone Health provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Health's EEO policies, please click here . Please click here to view the Federal "EEO is the law" poster or visit .htm for more information. To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please click here .