Avantor is hiring an Account Manager/BDM. Under limited supervision, sell a specific product, service line, or solution that within another sales representative's territory. Act as subject matter expert to drive revenue, focusing on certain products or solutions. Partner with inside/outside sales representatives to assist in closing complex and/or technical sales that require additional expertise. Train/coach territory sales teams on technical knowledge related to specialty products/services to allow them to ultimately sell without assistance. May act as technical expert within the organization to contribute to the development of technical presentations and product strategy. Attend industry events, technical training classes, and professional organization meetings.
Our Laboratory Design group is seeking a salesperson to lead our expansion into the high-end laboratory design market. Avantor is uniquely positioned, with expertise in supply chain, product offerings, scientific expertise, technology, and a global footprint, to set science in motion by designing and building laboratories for the science on which our customers focus.
At Avantor we continually look for opportunities to innovate on behalf of our customers to provide a world-class experience catered to solving their problems.
As a critical member of this team, you will be the business partner to these customers, understanding their initiatives, and bringing forward a solution using our capabilities.
The Account Manager is accountable and responsible for delivering the highest level of customer support, technical knowledge, and lab planning, for our customers' new laboratory builds, renovations, and similar projects. The Account Manager works within the matrix of general sales representatives, supply partners, operations, project managers, customer service teams to function as main point to ensure we meet deadlines, specifications, customer requirements, and long-term account goals that are in line with company and business unit strategy.
WHO YOU ARE:
- A transformative, creative business professional who seeks innovation and continuous improvement.
- You are a self-starter who adapts to customers' needs in an ever-evolving market through collaboration within a matrix environment including, but not limited to, sales, operations, portfolio, finance, supply chain.
- Maintains strong external partnerships with manufacturers and industry experts alike.
- You can create scalable programs, deliver measurable results and are excited about the opportunity to shape the development of our growing team and strategic expansion.
MAJOR JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Positions the Avantor brand as premier in the market
- Build and lead our strategy to expand into the high-end laboratory design market
- Leverage existing national and global agreements to build awareness for the high-end lab laboratory design market
- Utilize our extensive database of laboratory designs to develop proprietary playbooks and the associated go-to-market strategy
- Pitch value proposition to potential customers using our Design Showroom, Revit tools, web platform
- Screens potential business deals by analyzing market strategies, deal requirements and the impact to financials
- Builds pipeline and market position by locating, developing, defining, negotiating, and closing business relationships
- Assist in development, design, launch of proprietary products that serve high-end market
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES (those necessary to perform the job competently):
- Highly motivated to drive results through negotiation and a keen ability to position value by uncovering business problems and matching them to our solution
- Solid business and financial acumen with experience in strategy deployment
- Ability to strategize with a large extended team
- Exhibit curiosity both with customers and within the Avantor team
- Understanding for lean business, problem solving, continuous improvement
- Strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
- Ability to aggregate and analyze internal and external campaign metrics to assess performance drivers and identify insights
- High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
- Experience building a business case and delivering ROI to all levels within an organization (includes c-suite)
QUALIFICATIONS (Education, Training, Experience and Certifications):
- Bachelor's degree in construction science, mechanical engineering, interior design or equivalent required
- Minimum 10 years of experience in space planning, construction, space renovations; sales to construction trades preferred.
- Experience using AutoCAD, Revit, BlueBeam, etc. preferred
- Advanced Excel and analytical skills
- Familiarity with products in CSI divisions 10, 11, 12 required.
- Lean process improvement experience preferred.
- Ability to travel 30% (customer sites, meetings, overnight, etc.)
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position.
Avantor is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state/province, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at recruiting@ and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the Equal Employment Opportunity is THE LAW Poster, EEO is the Law Poster Supplement, and Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision using the links below.
EEO is the Law
OFCCP EEO Su pplement
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
3rd Party Non-Solicitation Policy:
By submitting candidates without having been formally assigned on and contracted for a specific job requisition by Avantor, or by failing to comply with the Avantor recruitment process, you forfeit any fee on the submitted candidates, regardless of your usual terms and conditions. Avantor works with a preferred supplier list and will take the initiative to engage with recruitment agencies based on its needs and will not be accepting any form of solicitation.