At PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers. As a Technology Engineer within PNC's Converged Operations Virtualization Engineering organization, this is a remote position and can sit anywhere within the PNC footprint, except for Colorado, Hawaii or Alaska. There is limited expectation for regular in person, in office activities.
This position will be responsible for building out the infrastructure for the Virtualization Engineering team.
To succeed in this position, you must meet the following qualifications:
- Expertise with VMware, Cisco UCS and Pure Storage
- An understanding of networking technologies
- Strong analytical skills
- Must be an effective communicator
- Cisco or VMware certifications would be preferred
- Leverages technical knowledge and industry experience to design, build and maintain technology solutions. Assists with selecting appropriate platforms, integrates and configures solutions.
- Develops software components and hardware for new and emerging technology projects; aligns these with business strategies and objectives.
- May provide consultation on common issues and best practices for junior staff.
- Provides a systematic analysis on client requirements within the traceability framework and resolves any functional problems encountered.
- Ensures quality of project deliverables while maintaining compliance with relevant standards and processes.
PNC Employees take pride in our reputation and to continue building upon that we expect our employees to be:
- Customer Focused - Knowledgeable of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions and able to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
- Managing Risk - Assessing and effectively managing all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure they adhere to and support PNC's Enterprise Risk Management Framework.
Application Delivery Process - Knowledge of major tasks, deliverables, and formal application delivery methodologies; ability to utilize these in order to deliver new or enhanced applications.
Consulting - Knowledge of techniques, roles, and responsibilities in providing technical or business guidance to clients, both internal and external; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
Effectiveness Measurement - Ability to measure the quality and quantity of work effort for the purpose of improvement.
Emerging Technologies - Knowledge of and ability to design, apply and evaluate new information technologies for business environments in order to improve work productivity and accuracy.
Industry Knowledge - Knowledge of the organization's industry group, trends, directions, major issues, regulatory considerations, and trendsetters; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
IT Industry: Trends & Directions - Knowledge of and ability to analyze marketplace experiences, developments and trends related to the function of Information Technology (IT).
IT Standards, Procedures & Policies - Knowledge of and the ability to utilize a variety of administrative skill sets and technical knowledge to manage organizational IT policies, standards, and procedures.
Planning: Tactical, Strategic - Ability to contribute to operational (short term), tactical (1-2 years) and strategic (3-5 years) planning in support of the overall business plan.
Problem Solving - Knowledge of approaches, tools, techniques for recognizing, anticipating, and resolving organizational, operational or process problems; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
Roles at this level typically require a university / college degree, with 3+ years of relevant / direct industry experience. Certifications are often desired. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.
Additional Job Description
Base salary: commensurate with skills and experience
PNC offers employees a comprehensive range of benefits to help meet your needs now and in the future. Depending on your eligibility, options for full-time employees include medical/prescription drug coverage (with a Health Savings Account feature); dental and vision options; employee and spouse/child life insurance; short- and long-term disability protection; maternity and parental leave; paid holidays, vacation days and occasional absence time; 401(k), pension and stock purchase plans; dependent care reimbursement account; back-up child/elder care; adoption assistance; educational assistance and a robust wellness program with financial incentives. To learn more about these and other programs, including benefits for part-time employees, visit > New to PNC.
Disability Accommodations Statement:
The PNC workplace is inclusive and supportive of individual needs. If you have a physical or other impairment that might require an accommodation, including technical assistance with the PNC Careers website or submission process, please call 877-968-7762 and select Option 4: Recruiting or contact us via email at pathfinder@.
The Human Resources Service Center hours of operation are Monday - Friday 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM ET.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO):
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law.
Refer to the California Consumer Privacy Act Privacy Notice to gain understanding of how PNC may use or disclose your personal information in our hiring practices.