Trainee Finance Assistant
Pertemps Managed Solutions are working with one of the UK's largest Insurance Brokers who are looking for a Trainee Finance Assistant to join their expanding Client Money Team on a permanent basis. This is a fantastic opportunity to begin your career within the finance sector for a forward thinking, innovative company.Trainee Finance Assistant Responsibilities:
The role is to provide exceptional services in relation to the reconciliation and control of client accounts, the payment of insurer accounts and broker earned income. You will an excellent level of attention to detail with all tasks delegated by your Line Manager. Other key responsibilities include;
Trainee Finance Assistant requirements:
- Providing accounting & administration support within the client services team.
- Pay insurer accounts on a monthly basis which involves checking that the client has paid, that the specific insurer is quoting the correct premium and commission, that the account is paid in accordance with our terms of payment with each insurer, and in compliance with FCA regulations.
- Settle payment for each insurer online by BACS
- Issue premium refunds to clients
- Regular audits on insurer/client/third party payments
- Cash accounting - This includes cash, cheques, credit cards, internet and BACS payments
- Check insurer accounts every month for long outstanding credits or debits and flag to the relevant contact to reconcile.
In return you will receive
- IT literate i.e., Microsoft Word and Excel
- Competent level of numerical skills
- We would welcome all applications that have the ambition and desire to begin a career within the finance sector
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- The option to enter the companies share save scheme
- Company private pension scheme
- Once probation has been passed, the option to gain additional accounting qualifications