Are you a bus driver in your community? Now is your chance to provide public transportation via Freedom Transit and start a career not just a job! $19/hr
First Transit Drivers provide transportation via Freedom Transit within our local communities. Each day our drivers transport individuals who rely on our service to doctors' appointments, work, grocery stores, and much, much more! As a Bus Driver you would provide our clients with the freedom and independence of reliable, safe transportation. If you love helping people and driving - come work for us! We're immediately hiring to offer the employment experience you desire and the flexibility you need.
We are proud to offer these great benefits to our drivers:
- CDL Required-If you don't have a "P" Endorsement we help you obtain it!
- Great benefits package, including 401(k) with company contribution, medical, dental and vision
- Paid PTO/Vacation
- Cutting Edge Paid Training
- Year-round work
- Freedom of being out on the open road (No desk work!)
- GPS guidance in all vehicles
- Making a real difference in the lives of the passengers you serve
You'll be responsible for:
- Safely transporting passengers in a safe, courteous, and reliable manner throughout the service area
- Assisting in the boarding of passengers using wheelchairs or other mobility aids and properly secure wheelchairs and scooters
We want you to drive with us, if you:
- Have good verbal communication skills
- Are at least 21 years old
- Have held a valid driver's license for at least 3 years
- Please note all applicants are subject to drug test and physical
First Transit keeps people moving and communities prospering - That's why we need amazing people like YOU to APPLY NOW!
We aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We strive to attract and retain a diverse workforce therefore all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. First is also committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California, First will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance. First is an equal opportunity employer and by doing so we will sustain and promote an inclusive culture that supports future growth for all.